Z6 sensor - wet cleaning after succesless cleaning with rocket blower?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SaltyPeanut
SaltyPeanut Contributing Member • Posts: 849
Re: Z6 sensor - wet cleaning after succesless cleaning with rocket blower?

Triffid wrote:

I wonder whether anyone has tried the Dust Patrol products which seem a little cheaper than Visible Dust? e.g. Dust Patrol sensor brush is ~ $20

Do you really want to use a cheap brush to clean a $1k-$3k camera? Cheap brushes can have bristles that fall out during cleaning. Not the kind of thing you want floating around inside your camera. Yes some products are a bit over priced, but in general you do get what you pay for.

No, to be clear, my question is not suggesting I'd chase poor quality cheap equipment, but more a matter of finding good quality equipment which represents good value for money

Visible Dust products are expensive, so my question was around what other products represent better value for money.

To give you an example, the Visible Dust Zeeion blower is considerably more expensive than the Gitto Rocket Blower. Many use the Gitto for cleaning their sensor because it represents good value for money and does the job well. I'd hazard a guess that there any many more owners of the Gitto blower than the Zeeion. You could pay more for the Zeeion, but would you be getting value for money in your eyes?

I misunderstood. I have a gitto rocket blower

SaltyPeanut's gear list:SaltyPeanut's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow