TZ70/ZS50 low light concert shots

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Greymelbourne Regular Member • Posts: 302
TZ70/ZS50 low light concert shots

I have recently posted some shots from well lit, larger concerts at which I think this camera did quite well, but I have recently had a chance to use the camera at smaller club gigs so I thought I would give my impressions. As you would expect, the camera doesn’t really handle these conditions very well. The slow shutter speeds due to the low light and the slow lens means that most of my shots were blurred because of either camera or subject movement. My keeper rate was quite low

However, I managed to get some shots that I believe are not bad under the circumstances. Most of my use these days is using my phone for Instagram, Facebook etc. and for that purpose they are ok. Converting to B/W also helps in disguising some of the shortfalls, or adding a more artistic element rather than just a record shot. I don’t know what these would look like on a bigger screen, but I suspect it would not be great, but for phone they are fine. C&C welcome.

As a side note, if your musical tastes lean to the bluesy side of the spectrum I highly recommend that you see these three artists.

#1 Lukas Nelson

#2 Fantastic Negrito

#3 Larkin Poe - Rebecca Lovell

#4 Larkin Poe - Megan Lovell

#5 Larkin Poe - Rebecca Lovell

Greymelbourne's gear list:Greymelbourne's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 (Lumix DMC-TZ7) Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow