Hig res in studio scenes

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Iliah Borg Forum Pro • Posts: 26,005
Re: Here's some ACR-based crop comparisons

knickerhawk wrote:

Iliah Borg wrote:

knickerhawk wrote:

Iliah, those look like 50% crops.

This is just one of the green channels, so, yes, 1/4 of pixels.

What I mean is that it appears they were zoomed to 50% before the screen capture was done

Those are not a screen captures, those are crops from actual channel dumps (TIFFs exported from RawDigger). I simply converted the crops to PNGs because DPR engine doesn't allow TIFFs.

(see 100% captures below)

What should we be seeing here that's the give away of green channel based moire reduction in the Phase One?

The lack of moiré on the final render.

So, I've now downloaded the newest beta of Rawdigger (thanks for the link!). I took screen captures (at 100%) of the Phase One and the S1R HiRes G[1] channels. I've lined them up side-by-side with the same files rendered in ACR and opened in Photoshop to the G channel (some brightness adjustments applied to roughly equalize brightness and contrast). The raw G[1] channel for the Phase One looks horrendous, but there's also a small bit of aliasing going on in the S1R HiRes G[1] channel as well that doesn't come through at all in the converted version. Not sure what to conclude from all this. Would appreciate your input.

I don't think there is much to say except that I prefer to work with images that are slightly soft (and some of the softness may be due to a lens, focusing, shake) rather than with images that contain significant artifacts.

Panasonic S1R HiRes. Left=Rawdigger G[1] channel; Right=ACR/Photoshop G channel

Phase One 100. Left=Rawdigger G[1] channel; Right=ACR/Photoshop G channel

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow