Sony RX100 VA vs VI

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SeeTheWorld
SeeTheWorld Regular Member • Posts: 312
Re: Sony RX100 VA vs VI

TDigital Nigel wrote:

tbcass wrote:

SeeTheWorld wrote:

Unfortunately, I offered my M4 to a nephew thinking the M6 was the same as the M4, only with a zoom. It's not because of the slower lens. People who post here, who's knowledge I admire, say the difference in the lens is negligible.

People who say the difference between the two is negligible probably don't photograph in low available light. As long as there is enough light to keep ISO below 800-1600 you may not notice much if any difference. I will also add that what can be considered negligible varies from person to person.

In the end you must decide which is more valuable, the 70-200mm range or a stop to stop and a half extra noise and resultant decrease in detail and dynamic range at higher ISO.

A few years ago I made a similar decision when I decided the extra zoom of the RX10iii was more valuable to me than the faster lens in the RX10ii.

The RX100M6 has pretty good OSS: this is a handheld shot:

Treasury of Atreus, Mycenae, Greece. This tholos tomb from 1250BC had the world's highest, widest, unsupported domed roof for over a thousand years

That’s a beautiful shot and interesting caption too.

-- hide signature --

Mary
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world . . ." Margaret Mead

SeeTheWorld's gear list:SeeTheWorld's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow