Auto image rotation of RX10 IV jpegs

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
burnttoast Forum Member • Posts: 89
Auto image rotation of RX10 IV jpegs

I'm having a problem with vertically oriented images when posting here and other places. The image below displays vertically in Win 10 Windows Image Viewer and in my other image software. When I post it here or on other webpages, it displays horizontally.

Looking at the EXIF tags for the original, out-of-camera jpeg, I find the tag Orientation : Rotate 90 CW.

In horizontally oriented out-of-camera jpegs I find the tag Orientation : Horizontal (normal)

So the out-of-camera tags appear to be correct but browsers appear to ignore them.

Great horned owl, female. This image is vertically oriented locally but horizontal here

Rotating and saving the the image allows it to show correctly here but it is horizontal in image editing software.

This image has been rotated to appear vertically here but appears horizontally locally.

This issue occurs in Chrome and IE browsers.  I don't have FF here to test it.  Any ideas for fixing this issue?

burnttoast's gear list:burnttoast's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony RX10 IV Nikon D90 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow