Question to you guys who have been in the gear forums for years Re: DR

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
George Zip Senior Member • Posts: 1,298
Question to you guys who have been in the gear forums for years Re: DR

I saw a rumour about the new mirrorless 5ds and the usual annoying DR discussions came up.

Serious question....  When did DR become such a big deal?  Is it just me or is the improved sensors and the ability to massage files starting to make a lot of photography all look the same.

Personally speaking, the photographers I admire are the ones that embrace contrast and make it work artistically. Furthermore I invest a lot of time in education in regards to lighting, posing etc. I never see world class photographers ever try and fix exposure in post. There is an assumption that it should be shot correctly from the get go.

Again, personally speaking I am annoyed if my exposures are out and I have to correct them. My personal goal is to shoot an entire event or wedding or whatever and nail exposure the whole day. I will get there one day.

Now I know that Real estate guys and some landscape guys will take all the DR they can get... I understand that.

Am I missing something or is it simply people just trolling and taking shots at Canon for being behind the Sony sensors for the sake of trolling.

George Zip's gear list:George Zip's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +7 more
Canon EOS 5DS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow