Sony RX10 IV vs Canon 7D mk II & 100-400 IS mk II

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 6,184
Re: Sony RX10 IV vs Canon 7D mk II & 100-400 IS mk II

wam7 wrote:

edform wrote:

I had an RX10-iv and loved it, but I wanted a better portrait camera so I sold it and bought an A7 that, bluntly, I disliked. It went in favour of the Nikon Z6, which I love, but, with a long lens on it, my preferred carry-in-the-hand approach no longer works - by the end of our day at the zoo on Tuesday my back was aching from walking with a slight leftward lean to compensate for the weight.

Yes, you are right to be concerned about carrying such an unbalanced weight on one side. You can do some chronic damage to your back. It's a very good idea to look into that carry system that centers it.

I'm like you in that I like to carry the camera in one hand and I've got my self made thick elastic wrist band that helps greatly with that. The RX10 IV is fine in this regards for carrying around in one hand for extended periods, though I wouldn't want to go much heavier.

The fact that you guys, Bassy and Roger and now you, are clarifying aspects of my physical welfare is making me think. Instead of buying a long zoom for the Z6 which will weigh a ton, I might keep the Z for general photography, landscapes and portraits, with just the 24-70 F4 and perhaps a wide aperture wideangle, then sell off the long lens system I have and buy another RX10 as my long distance solution - I could wait for the V which should be along sometime shortly.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow