Rodger1943 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,476
Re: Sony RX10 IV vs Canon 7D mk II & 100-400 IS mk II

edform wrote:

Rodger1943 wrote:

edform wrote:

Bassy wrote:

ed last week i traded in my sigma 150mm-600mm lens and bought the rx 10 1v

now my shoulders and neck can take a rest

Hi Bassy, and Roger - I do like the results I'm getting, but I'm definitely in two minds.

What is it that concerns you, Ed? I'd be interested to hear.

It's purely the weight; the day-long challenge of a heavy camera is the concern.

I had an RX10-iv and loved it, but I wanted a better portrait camera so I sold it and bought an A7 that, bluntly, I disliked. It went in favour of the Nikon Z6, which I love, but, with a long lens on it, my preferred carry-in-the-hand approach no longer works - by the end of our day at the zoo on Tuesday my back was aching from walking with a slight leftward lean to compensate for the weight.

I have not yet managed to get to WEX Photographic, which isn't far away, to test carrying systems such as the Cotton Carrier Skout where the camera is carried on the chest in a quick release clip on a harness. I'll get there next week.

Thanks for the response Ed. I come from the FZ1000 and while the Sony is bigger and heavier, its not a big deal. I didn't want to go down the ICL camera route, with its weight and added expense. The Sony also gives me better image quality, so its like I've stepped up a class.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ1000 FZ200 SOny RX10 iv

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow