6D MKii Focus Hunting

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Singh Regular Member • Posts: 495
6D MKii Focus Hunting

Hi, I've had my 6D MKii since January this year and generally I am very happy with the camera. My old camera was the 6D MKi.

What I have noticed is that verses the 6D MKi the 6Dii focus hunts alot more before hitting focus. There are no focusing issues as it always nails the focus but to get there sometime it feels like it takes longer verses the old 6D. I am only talking about my user experience, no scientific testing / timing.

The lenses I use most frequently are the Tamron 24-70 F2.8 version 1 and the Canon 24-104 F4 MKi. With the the Tamron occasionally I notice that the lens makes what sound like a grinding noise when focus hunting, but when I look at the pictures the focus is spot on.

I have noticed the focus hunting issues more when I shoot indoors where the lighting is not so good. I haven't had chance to use the camera outdoors much due to the usual UK weather.

Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Do you think the newer versions of my lenses would help?

Singh's gear list:Singh's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM +4 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow