Impression of Nikon Z7 after 3 days

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
pepsijunior
pepsijunior Contributing Member • Posts: 839
Re: Impression of Nikon Z7 after 3 days

Great write-up, I just got one with the 24-70 2.8 s with 600$ off the body with a new “promotion” also with the free adapter so I picked up the 70-200 FL as it was also 600$ off. I couldn’t resist as I’m sure the new 70-200 s will be released in the fall of this year or later and be roughly 3K and having the new adapter, it was a good deal as it seems it has great AF with the adapter as I’ve heard and a total of 1200$ off was irresistible.

i know what you mean about the Z looking and appearing as a D3300. It is an awesome feeling. I had a Z6 previously as I tested it out with the 50 1.8 and 35 1.8 (love the primes) and seen a woman shooting an A9 combo with the 70-200 GM. That instantly stood out. But I guess mine would with the FL, but they just look at it like “oh, so... you’ve got a Nikon mirrorless?! Smh” . So it definitely doesn’t pose a threat

I also owned an XT2, so it’s great to hear the comparison and I love the XT3 with its better af. I got the Z7 for its resolution, flexibility and excellent ergonomics and that’s saying a lot as I love the Fuji. I dislike the Sony ergos but some of their primes are hard to beat. I do like the Nikon Z ergonomics the best.

I tried the Canon R out of curiosity as I liked the 28-70 but as massive and heavy as it was, it felt like I was carrying the 200 f2 around. The Canon was so hard for me to use without the joystick and forcing me to use the touch screen which I wasn’t good with cause I only use touch screens with smart phones. That’s about my limit with touch screens. So 👎🏻 for the R.

pepsijunior's gear list:pepsijunior's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm GFX 100 Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow