Monochrom (246) 90mm Summarit Lens Panorama

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RSColo Senior Member • Posts: 1,455
Monochrom (246) 90mm Summarit Lens Panorama

On a recent trip to northeast Italy I spent a day to visit Venice. I can confirm that even not in the middle of the summer the city is very crowded. However you can get away from the crowds somewhat. One of my specialties is making large panoramas. I mostly photograph nature, but I have shot a number of cities as well. All of those have been in color using my micro four-thirds system. This trip I decided to take a panorama of Venice using my Monochrom (246). I traveled across the lagoon to a small island opposite San Marco, the "center" of tourist Venice. From a tall tower I took my panorama.

What amazed me was how sharp the result was. The print I ended up designing was one foot by eight feet. I used my Leica 90mm Summarit Lens and was about a half mile from the closest point on the main island. My color panoramas show lots of detail, but this seems much more. In any case I wanted to share what the Leica system could do in a situation like this. See what you think.

Venice Pan

Venice Pan Detail

-- hide signature --

Reid Shay
www.sawatchpub.com
Colorado, USA

RSColo's gear list:RSColo's gear list
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Leica M-Monochrom Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH +8 more
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Leica Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow