Canon 70-300 mm IS USM II on Canon 80D

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
benjilafouine Senior Member • Posts: 2,051
Re: Canon 70-300 mm IS USM II on Canon 80D

AhmedH87 wrote:

Hi all,

I have just received the Kenko Teleplus HD pro 1.4X DGX Tele Converter via post today's morning and I gave it a try.

I tried it on my Canon 70-300 mm IS USM ll on the manual mode of Canon 80D and it gave me AGAIN the 'Err 01' message. I made sure that I am shooting in the f5.6 on the 300 mm range and the results was nothing.

If you can't go past the Err 01 message does this means that you cannot even take a picture in manual focus mode?

I am a bit disappointed now after trying both the 2.0X and the 1.4X, but it seems to me that this lens is not ready to be coupled with any TC despite the camera's capability to focus on f8 with the 27 AF points.

I won't give up on it and I will probably going to try other 1.4X TCs, hopefully the malfunction was a result of this particular version of Kenko TCs.

I will keep you informed!

Regards,

Ahmed

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

benjilafouine's gear list:benjilafouine's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow