E-M1X and Panasonic-Leica 100-400mm Images

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
glassoholic
glassoholic Senior Member • Posts: 3,922
Re: E-M1X and Panasonic-Leica 100-400mm Images

gary0319 wrote:

Gregm61 wrote:

Yeah, one I left off, the in-lens Mega OIS is just outstanding. At 400mm, the frame just freezes. I need to play with the in-camera E-M1X stabilization too since it is so good just to see how they compare, but the in-lens system just nails is really well.

I have used the PL100-400 on my E-M1 II since it came out and have come to these conclusions, at least with my copy.

I use the lens OIS since it gives me a stable view before having to half press, a boon to hand holding at the long end.

My copy is sharper if I back down a bit from 400mm (reads 364 in EVF)

At the long end f/7.1 is sharper than wide open.

I gave up using the “big” hood and just use the smaller built in hood. Easier to deploy and store, and have had no lens flare issues, even here in Florida.

I used it a lot for flower close ups with good success (nice flower pics you posted), but since getting my 12-100 f/4 and 40-150 f/2.8.

I think the 12-100 and the 40-150 are both a bit sharper than the 100-400. However, the 100-400 is sharper than the 40-150 + 1.4 TC. even at a longer focal lengths.

Anyway, congrats on a great addition to your kit.

Gary

+1 spot on!

-- hide signature --

M43 equivalence: "Twice the fun with half the weight"
"You are a long time dead" -
Credit to whoever said that first and my wife for saying it to me. Make the best you can of every day!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow