Lens pairings for the 35mm f/1.4

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Holden75 Regular Member • Posts: 175
Lens pairings for the 35mm f/1.4

I see a lot of recommendations for the 23mm f/1.4 and the 56mm f/1.4 as people say this is a good pairing. I have those lenses and I like them. But then I got the 35 f/1.4 and I love using it, I love the pictures I get from it, and I'd like to build my kit around it. The lenses I have now are all great and I'm not complaining in any way. I just find I use the 23 and 56 a lot less now I have the 35. So I've been wondering if it might be better to get a different set of lenses to get a more diverse set of pictures?

I'm not a pro by any means. I just want to take pictures I enjoy looking at, making picture books with, and sharing with friends and family. I like candid, people, photography mainly of the people and places I visit. I have an x-t20 and I'm happy with it. I'm looking to carry 3 lenses. I prefer primes over zooms. I know no one can tell me which lens is best. I'm just wondering what lenses people pair with the 35 f/1.4 with and why, just out of interest and that may help me think about my own photography

Thanks

Holden75's gear list:Holden75's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow