When do you use other cameras?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
richard stone Veteran Member • Posts: 3,045
Re: When do you use other cameras?

xpatUSA wrote:

richard stone wrote:

From what I can tell the lens to have on the sdQ is the 17-70 OS/C. The 17-50 is good enough, but apparently not quite as useful, and the 17-70 has better AF and perhaps better OS and detail resolution.

At one time, I had both the 17-50mm and the 17-70mm 'C' model. Then I decided to go retro and kept the 17-50mm with it's constant f/2.8 for the incoming SD15. Not been disappointed yet ...

Thanks. Interesting. I like the 17-50 too, although I have assumed that the 17-70 may be a more modern/newer/better design.

I also think it is perfectly acceptable to use the equipment you like for any reason you like. (Somewhat like not needing "no stinkin' badges...")

And I assume you would not have kept the 17-50 unless you thought the performance was acceptable, at the very least. It is a very good match on the SD10, and I think on the sdQ as well.

-- hide signature --
 richard stone's gear list:richard stone's gear list
Sigma SD10 Sigma sd Quattro Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LWW
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow