E-M1X and Panasonic-Leica 100-400mm Images

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Gregm61 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,662
Re: E-M1X and Panasonic-Leica 100-400mm Images

richj20 wrote:

I see you want to re-edit the noisy ones at higher ISO, but curious why you chose those ISOs -- the egrets were stationary, as was the dandelion.

I historically just shoot in manual mode and select my own ISO, staying close to 200 most of the time, but today I decided to just set the camera to auto ISO and used either Program, shifting exposure as I wanted, or Aperture Priority. Just let the camera make that decision with a ceiling of 6400.

If I use again I'll most likely set the ceiling down to something more like 1600.

However, even the not so high ISO 500 (the man with the fishing pole) seems quite noisy. How did that occur?

Used both capture and (high) output sharpening in Adobe camera raw and left luminence noise filtering set to zero, so that was all on me.

I think my next bit of playing with this lens will be on the E-M1 Mark II, which is already supported in DXO Photo Lab II when using all of my lenses, including the PL 100-400.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Leica M9 Olympus E-M1 Leica M (Typ 262) Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X +30 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow