A7III vs A9

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
abSJC New Member • Posts: 1
A7III vs A9

Hi,

I am about to make a move to mirrorless camera (currently use Nikon D750). In the past, I have shot landscapes (90%) and nightscapes (10%). Now a days, I shoot my very active toddler (70%), landscapes (25%) and nightscapes (5%). The only lens I have for D750 is the kit lens (24-120 F/4). I wanted to buy lenses for D750 but figured that now is the best time to more to mirrorless.

Having seen the reviews online, I see that Sony camera have much better AF systems than Nikon Z (esp for moving subjects). I have eliminated the A7RIII (large files, A7III is a little better than it in most things I need - AF, ISO) and narrowed it down to A7III. With the recent price drop for A9, things changed. A9 is now into consideration. Its a much better camera in a lot of ways (AF seems stunning. Wont have a problem when my kid starts playing sports).

Given that I don't shoot professional sports or for money, should I go for A9+24-105 F/4 instead of A7III+24-105 F/4+16-35 F/4?

Thanks!

Nikon D750 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow