Return RX100Va to Beach Camera

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP noisebeam Senior Member • Posts: 2,675
Re: Return RX100Va (M6 LCD polarization error)

SeeTheWorld wrote:

Then, I read about your polaroid glasses problem with the RX100M6. I also wear prescription polaroid glasses. Now I need a new RX100, but not the M6, apparently.

Conundrum.

What did you end up doing? Have you been using the RX100Model5A? Are you happy with the results? Are you considering getting the RX10M4, or using your Canon with lenses for longer shots? (Like you also own a Canon with a broad variety of lenses purchased over the years. But, I don't like the weight.)

Thank you for reading this long message!

I ended up returning the M6.  I really wanted to make it work for me, but in the end I could not.

I actually tried the M6 at home in the evening with my polarized sunglasses on to find if I could make it work by tipping head, screen to see it. It worked at home in the dim indoor light - not as hard as I recall to see screen.

Then I went on a day hike and for some reason when it is very bright out the screen is even darker and I could not see it at all when horizontal with polarized glasses and it was too dark when head was tipped relatively.  I also brought a set of dark tinted non polarized glasses and they too resulted in too dim an image to see on LCD.  It just made for a very frustrating shooting experience.

I also found that the M6 is horrible at stitching panoramas compared to M2.  All of them have zig zag stitching seams.

No way I could justify $1300 for these two issues.

Hopefully someday Sony will fix the polarization of the M6 LCD and I will run back to the RX100M7. ;(  or maybe get a M5a someday.

noisebeam's gear list:noisebeam's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow