When do you use other cameras?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 14,747
Re: When do you use other cameras?

threw the lens wrote:

Scottelly wrote:

DMillier wrote:

Since I bought the Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 1" sensor superzoom (supposedly for my partner's upcoming safari trip), I have found I use that almost all the time. For my purposes the image quality is indistinguishable from any other camera and the sheer convenience of an all-in-one camera that requires no additional lenses or accessories other than a spare battery is compelling.

I look at my DP2M in the cupboard from time to time but basically, I'm just very lazy

And there is something liberating about a one lens solution - especially as it is such a good lens.

I thing this is why I find myself leaving my Sigma behind, and just taking my Nikon D810 with the 24-135mm lens on it.

You talk about fancy lenses on your wish list like 14-24 f2.8 Art, 85 f1.4 Art, 70-200 f2.8 Sport, "holy trinity", but use old tat like a third party 24-135? At least you could have used a Nikon 24-120 which is merely "debatable"

Where's the commitment to excellence that you'll need, to get the best out of any Sigma FF and it's base iso sharpness?

Rhetorical questions with smileys are more or less OK here ...

Talk about incongruous.

... direct personal insults are not. Complaint filed.

-- hide signature --

Ted

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LWW
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow