Some Nature Shots

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Marco Nero
Marco Nero Veteran Member • Posts: 6,142
Great Pics!

JasonS70 wrote:

Hi all,

Time for some more photos taken with the M50 and 55-200mm. My wife is amazed that after 5 months with the camera I still have it, I don't have a strong track record sticking to one camera. I think I have found the one for me

Hi Jason, These two are my favorite just because they stand out so clearly.  They're exceptionally appealing visually.  Bees are always incredibly hard subjects because they tend to move around so much and never seem to sit still (anyone who has tried to shoot live bees will know what I mean).  But the two pictures above are really quite striking.  The colors and contrast of the parrot against the background makes it stand out boldly.  The leaves are likewise nicely separated from the background but the colors are lovely and warm.  Since it's Autumn right now in Australia, it's clear you're based somewhere on the lower East coast.  You seem to be getting some great results from that lens combo with your M50. 
EDIT: I just looked at your location and see that you're in Canberra.  You've got a lot of incredible subjects and locations around you that lend themselves nicely to your gear.  Enjoy yourself before it gets too cold.  I was down at the National Gallery two weeks ago and froze my butt off on the way home to Sydney.   I had rain and freezing winds so most of my M6 shots had to be taken indoors.  Some of my absolute favorite shots with the original EOS M were taken when I got lost on the outskirts of the ACT (near Lake George and those Wind Generator turbines on the far shore). 
I usually keep an eye out for fellow Aussie shooters on the M forum but I seem to have missed a few of your posts in recent weeks. I'll try to keep up.  Please keep posting!
The picture of the Eastern Rosella (the first in your set) is likewise a GREAT shot.  I had to click on the thumbnail to open the image and appreciate it properly.  I don't think that thumbnail does it justice.  I was once very keen to buy this lens but a couple of other members advised me to hold off as they felt its performance was a little mixed and possibly soft.  I think your images show just how good that lens is.  We might need someone to start a new mixed thread on the EF-M 55-200mm lens.  I remember the first samples Canon put out before it was released and they were exceptional.  We were commenting on it here in 2014 and it was hard to decide what to buy at the time.  You should review this lens and include some of your favorite samples.  I think there's only one review for it at this time.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow