Sony RX100 Mk5 replacement

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
rccasgar New Member • Posts: 23
Sony RX100 Mk5 replacement

Hi all,

I own a Sony RX10 Mk4 and a Sony RX100 Mk5, after selling my A6500 + lenses due to convenience (two small children). I find myself using much more the RX10 Mk4 than the much smaller Sony RX100 Mk5, which is somehow a surprise for me.

The fact is that I enjoy a lot using my RX10 Mk4 (I only wish it would perform better in low light, but you can do nothing against Physics Laws, unless Sony RX10 Mk5 comes back to the 24-200mm with an APS-C sensor, hahaha) and that I REALLY miss a touch screen.

I am thinking about replacing the RX100 Mk5 and I'm doubting between the Mk6 (which solves the touch screen issue and adds a longer reach, which in the other hand could be resulting in the RX10 staying more at home) and the brand new Ricoh GR III.

Reasons to consider the Ricoh GR III are:

1) APS-C sensor with better low light performance

2) Not sure if a good idea to have two cameras with the same sensor, maybe it makes more sense to complement one with the other (current set up complements in size/reach, but nothing else)

3) In this moment of my life, I'm mainly taking pictures of family and social, so I need to be able to shoot fast. Ricoh's snap focus seems to me a very interesting option for that purpose, as you can always be ready to shoot

Thanks in advance for your help.

Roberto

Ricoh GR III Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow