Best Rainforest Setup

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dwanner33 New Member • Posts: 14
Best Rainforest Setup

I’ve only been shooting for 6 months or so, but i’ve already been bitten hard by the bug!  My wife and I are taking a trip in late October to the Tambopata National Reserve in Peru to photograph the Macaw Clay licks and birds and wildlife in surrounding areas and I have some questions about the best gear combination. I currently have a 7D Mark II but after just coming back from Corcovado, Costa Rica, I didn't love its low light performance in the rainforests there and I want to avoid that same problem in Peru. If the weather cooperates, the lighting at the clay licks is typically good and I plan on using a 600mm f/4L IS III coupled with an EF 1.4X III off of a tripod there. For the rainforest areas where I am more concerned about running into more low light scenarios I plan on using an EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens wise, but was looking for some insight on a 5D IV vs. a 7D II. I know the 7D II has more "reach" but I'm looking for good imagine quality and low light performance. Thanks in advance!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 7D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow