WiFi connection keep dropping

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
skyglider Veteran Member • Posts: 5,043
Re: WiFi connection keep dropping

DMKAlex wrote:

KatieAdams wrote:

Might as well try reinstalling the WiFi Driver. Also, check if there are more than 2 WiFi drivers installed. It'll lead to problems as well.

Disable one of them and it will be back to normal.

Can I delete the item from device manager and reboot the machine? I think it will reinstall the device by itself, wouldn't it?

If you're having WiFi problems, I wouldn't rely on letting Windows reinstall the WiFi driver.  Suggest downloading and installing the manufacturer's wireless driver.

I have an old Dell laptop that came with Vista.  The wireless was working fine with Vista.  I clean installed Windows 8 (this was way before Win10 became available) and the wireless transfer rate was slow.  I then replaced the Win8 wireless driver with Dell's wireless driver for that laptop that I downloaded from the Dell website, and the wireless transfer rate returned to the faster speed that it used to have with Vista.

So if you do let Windows reinstall the wireless driver and still have problems, try the manufacturer's driver.

Sky

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow