Filter recommendations for my new 14-30mm S lens?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
birdofthegalaxy
birdofthegalaxy New Member • Posts: 12
Filter recommendations for my new 14-30mm S lens?

I recognize that there will be a lot of different opinions on this subject, but my new 14-30mm lens is arriving on Thursday and I need to decide on a filter to use as my walk around/protection/routine use accessory.

I currently use a Breakthrough Photography nanotec UV filter on my 24-70 and have been pretty happy with the thin profile.  I assume thin is important to prevent any vignetting at the widest focal length. Before I bought another Breakthrough X4 for the new lens ($109 from Amazon though price is a secondary consideration).

I thought I would ask to see if anyone has thoughts or experiences with the first few copies of the lens that are out there .....

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

(btw, I am primarily a landscape photographer though I also do some night photography and even some guided astrophotography, no portraits and often I am in places with sandstone or rocks versus a lot of green, if any of that matters).

birdofthegalaxy's gear list:birdofthegalaxy's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow