a7M3 and Tamron 28-75 - Amazing

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MikeNannie
MikeNannie Regular Member • Posts: 463
a7M3 and Tamron 28-75 - Amazing

My first use of the new a7M3 and the Tamron 28-75mm zoom was last night at an Easter family gathering. I was shocked by the focus speed of this camera and lens, and it's accuracy. It's the perfect combo for photographing fast moving children. Images of children 10 feet a way are sharp enough to see the eyelashes on a 1:1 zoom. I shot a series of images of 3 kids, swinging on a porch swing toward me and then back away from me, and every image was sharply focused! I couldn't believe how easy this was to accomplish. The eye focus locked on to the child on the left, and as the swing came toward me and then back away from me, it never lost that lock. And the kids were moving around on the swing too! 
Very impressed thus far with this camera, it's focus system and that lens. I can't imaging how much better the Sony version could be, but I'm very happy with this combo.

My only disappointment was the color Lightroom created from the raw files. I need to find some good import presets to help that. My a77M2 presets don't play well with these new raw files. 
I bought the Sony 70-300mm too and got it today. First time out, I struggled a bit trying to shoot some birds on branches. I need to find the best focus area setting for that type of photography. I can only hope that lens is as sharp as the Tamron.

MikeNannie's gear list:MikeNannie's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony a7 III Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +3 more
Sony a77 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow