Lens Choices for Trip to Singapore and Western Australia

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Maikeru C Junior Member • Posts: 42
Lens Choices for Trip to Singapore and Western Australia

Planning a 2 week trip with my wife to Singapore and Perth Australia.

This trip I want to bring my Canon 6D Mk II, but wondering what lenses to bring. Singapore I know what I will see there, but have never been to Australia before. Trip will be in a couple of weeks and for the Australian segment we are landing in Perth, couple days there and then heading down to Margaret River area for about 5 days. Won't be heading to outback type areas.

Here's what I am thinking of bringing. (For each set I also will have the 40mm pancake since that takes no room at all)

1. 16-35 f.4 and 24-105 f.4

or

2. 16-35 F/4 and 70-200 f/4 (and I would bring my 1.4 extender if I bring the 70-200).

or

3. Should I just stick to the 24-105 and 70-200 with 1.4 extender and forget about the wide angle?

(The only other full frame lenses have are the nifty fifty and the 100-400 f4, but I don't think I really want to drag that 1/2 way round the world.) I have looked at previous trips, mostly to Japan, and vast majority of shots are at around 20 to maybe 70mm. Over many trips I have tried all kinds of combos from the tiny Fuji x70 to micro 4/3 systems and years ago my older crop Canon and assorted lenses.

I have no specific interest in birds or animals, but part of me thinks there will be opportunity to see a number of birds I have never seen before plus kangaroos, etc all of which are very novel to a Canadian resident like me, so maybe the telephoto should not be left behind? Pretty sure this is my one and only trip I will make to Australia.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Maikeru C's gear list:Maikeru C's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Canon EOS 70D Olympus E-M5 II Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Canon 6D Mark II +18 more
Pentax X70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow