D850 Workflow

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FtoDin5min Regular Member • Posts: 427
D850 Workflow

Hi,

I have had a workflow that has suited me for many years, using Lightroom, from D800 to D850.

I usually come back from photo sessions with over 300 photos. I shoot Raw and develop in Lightroom.

I have a very powerful PC (Alienware Area 51 R5) with tons of RAM, fast processors, 2 graphic cards, etc...)

So here is my question: importing the pictures as a bulk is not really an issue but with the quality improvement at high ISO, I found myself changing the way I take pictures: I use Auto-ISO a lot now (with manual settings for Aperture and Speed). As a result, I have pictures in the same batch with wildly different ISOs. Before, most of my pics in a batch were shot at about the same ISOs, so they were easy to treat, as a first layer, with a batch of general noise/sharpening tweaks. Now it has become more complicated, and each file is also much larger. The first noise treatment becomes pic specific and the file size does not help. Is there anyway to apply different presets while importing one batch of pictures based on ISOs?

Thanks,

-- hide signature --

FTD5

FtoDin5min's gear list:FtoDin5min's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +6 more
Nikon D800 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow