Chickadees M1X w/ 300 Pro + 1.4 TC

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Terrible Photographer
Terrible Photographer Regular Member • Posts: 363
Chickadees M1X w/ 300 Pro + 1.4 TC

Got a chance to finally shoot for fun this weekend and found some Golden Crowned Kinglets around the chicken coop yesterday swooping in to pick up some leftover crumble from the hens.

Still trying to figure out the M1X C-AF. I haven’t been getting terribly consistent results out of it for stationary subjects, or subjects who aren’t moving much.

I’m going to test some things out maybe today with the single rectangle and sensitivity down to -1. I was trying to use the 5 point cross with sensitivity at +2 and it would miss the bird almost every time despite the bird filling almost the entire AF Area..

On my D4, I can leave it in C-AF 9pt dynamic and it nails the AF every time with great consistency. I never use C-AF on the E-M1.1 (never have gotten good results), and I was hoping I could use the E-M1X the same way.. What am I missing? It wouldn’t be this complicated I wouldn’t think.

These were shot mostly using S-AF and the small square.

Not a great photo of the sparrow, but I love it’s deep coloring.

Terrible Photographer's gear list:Terrible Photographer's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +14 more
Nikon D4 Olympus E-M1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow