X-T3 Burst Mode Erratic White Balance

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Manny82 Contributing Member • Posts: 702
X-T3 Burst Mode Erratic White Balance

So I noticed this weird phenomenon yesterday with my X-T3. Shooting in CL mode with my XF90mm in great outdoor lighting, I’ve noticed that some of the shots have a very strong magenta cast that I cannot correct in post.

The weird thing is, I had white balance locked to daylight mode so it’s not even as if the camera was guessing white balance. This was for a portrait session and the subject distance was not changing, although I did have it in continuous focus mode with eye AF on as it works surprisingly well on the X-T3.

The weird thing is, as expected, all the raw files show the same white balance colour temp in Lightroom, yet a couple of images of the bursts have a very strong colour cast. Adjusting the tint slider just messes them up even more - it’s as if the colour is baked into the files.

Both X-T3 and XF90mm lens are running the latest firmware, and thinking this may have been possibly corrupt files on the card, I also grabbed the copies from the backup card - and those are identical, so not a card issue.

Any ideas on this one? Possible faulty body or firmware issue?

Apologies but I haven’t posted any pics as the subject are my sister and my 4-year old nephew and my sis can be quite funny with things like this.

Manny82's gear list:Manny82's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +11 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow