A7iii AF-C more accurate in Hi+??

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
blokeyknockers
blokeyknockers Senior Member • Posts: 1,022
A7iii AF-C more accurate in Hi+??

Hey guys, just wondering if this is common knowledge, or a fluke on my part.

So I've just done a rather basic test with my 5 year old daughter on her bike, switching between continuous shooting at med, hi and hi+. Using wide, face detection and the new eye af setting with af-c focus priority on focus, with both the Sony 85mm F1.8 and the Sigma 50mm f1.4 at f1.8 to f2.8.

With her riding straghst towards me, and across me at angles, in med and hi there is quite a bit of black out, and the green focus box is all over the place in-between shots, and probably half the shots are soft or completely out of focus.

In hi+ I'm getting almost perfect shots at every pass. Is this normal? I was assuming that at hi+ the hit rate would be lower due to the speed at which the camera has to refocus etc, but I'm getting the opposite to what I expected.

Interested to know if this is standard behaviour, and if anyone has any tips for getting better results in med/hi. Cheers

Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow