14-30mm in hand. What do you want to know?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MOD Biggs23 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,454
14-30mm in hand. What do you want to know?

I have this little beauty in hand and will be giving it a thorough testing in the upcoming days. However, is there anything that people would specifically like to know that they haven't already seen in one test or another?

Two tidbits that I didn't know before I got it. (It's possible these things are items everyone else already knew about, but I didn't, so perhaps they will be of use to someone else.)

First, the zoom lock is not a physical button or switch, you just turn it. When I first received the lens, the barrel seemed locked into place. I didn't want to turn it too hard and break it. Once it was attached to the camera, the rotational force required seemed to be less.

Next, there's no actual lens case included, just a little fabric pouch. This is the first lens I've purchased in a long time that did not include one. Not a big deal to me, I never used the other ones, but perhaps relevant to someone.

A couple of anecdotal observations right out of the box. The lens is lighter in hand than expected. I wouldn't say that it feels plastic-y, but it doesn't feel like any of my f-mount 2.8's, either. Overall, the balance on the camera is very nice. The autofocus is nice and snappy, as I expected it would be.

Anyway, if there are specific scenarios that someone would like to see, let me know and I'll try to help out. Just don't ask me to duplicate test charts or something that's been done a lot already.

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview. I'm just a regular poster unless explicitly stated otherwise in the body of the post.
https://500px.com/biggs23

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D5 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
csn
csn
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow