DxO Photolab 2 Prime performance & benchmarks

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
threw the lens
threw the lens Contributing Member • Posts: 515
DxO Photolab 2 Prime performance & benchmarks

Prime noise reduction has always been slow, but I've been finding performance with a powerful computer tantalisingly close to practical.

With a 6 core processor topping out at 3.8GHz I can get a 12MP file done with Prime in 30s, with contrast adjusted. I haven't explored how much the adjustments slow it down yet.

Obviously processing high MP files could present a time problem, so I've been looking at performance options. I can go to a multiprocessor board for twice the processors but such boards don't have much overclocking fine tuning available and I have to rethink airflow and power supply. Building it myself. I'd probably have to back off the very fastest processors for cost and heat constraints. Then there's the fact that I can't do anything to speed up the couple of seconds of disk transfer that are beyond processor control. So probably only get +80% speed after all this is taken into consideration

Prime seems to use multiple processors well. If it doesn't use all 12 processors with hyperthreading I'd just turn hyperthreading off.

What are other people's Prime NR benchmark results?

Anybody built a system with a view to getting Prime NR done fast?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow