Sony rx100m4 vs 100m6 (to complement rx10m4)

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
SeeTheWorld
OP SeeTheWorld Regular Member • Posts: 341
Re: Sony rx100m4 vs 100m6 (to complement rx10m4)

nigelbb wrote:

SeeTheWorld wrote:

I'm thinking I don't need the 200mm lens because I'll have the 600mm lens on the RX10M4 (I've got the RX10M3 and it works well in tandem with my older RX100). So, at the moment, I'm thinking of the RX100M5a along with the RX10M4.

I also own an RX10M4 which I bought shortly before I got the RX100M6. I thought that they would complement one another well & they do in a way but I pretty much only take out & use the RX10M4 when I really need the extra 200-600mm FF equivalent lens. The image quality is identical so there is no point carrying both cameras so I use the RX100M6 80-90% of the time as it's in my pocket so often.

That’s interesting  I wondered if that would be the case.  Do you find the RX100M6 does well in low light situations?   Also, can you view the screen through polarized lenses (if you have them)?

thank you!

-- hide signature --

Mary
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world . . ." Margaret Mead

SeeTheWorld's gear list:SeeTheWorld's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow