Convert an image in ViewNX-i to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 instead of Nikon sRGB?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
troysg Regular Member • Posts: 102
Convert an image in ViewNX-i to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 instead of Nikon sRGB?

Running View NX-i 1.30, Capture NX-D 1.4.6, and View NX2 2.10.3 on Windows 10 - I haven't bothered getting the latest latest versions as the newest camera I have is a D700, still have a D200 and have had a D70 and D80. The reason I went with NX-i/D was due to some server change that broke the map display in NX2 and found it nice to further edit/convert a file in NX-i after it was touched in NX-D, yay for sidecar files.

I shoot in the Adobe rgb color space, have been doing so since 2004 based on something I read in the forums here on dpreview. With ViewNx2 (and earlier) I could convert an nef to jpg and it would be saved with the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile. With NX-i however, it will be saved with the Nikon Adobe RGB 4.0.0.3001 profile. If I check the 'Convert images to sRGB color....' check box in either NX2 or NX-i the image will be saved with the Nikon sRGB 4.0.0.3002 profile. Is there any way to get NX-i to save an image in sRGB IEC61966-2.1? Easy enough to batch convert in Photoshop but it's another step if I'm printing or sharing files.

Bug, feature, oversight, Nikon 'fixed' something in NX-i? Disadvantage of having both View NX2 and view NX-i installed at the same time?

Here is how I have the color management set up in NX2, NX-i is similar except it is missing the 'color reproduction process':

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow