Z6 died!! Slow death

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
redstopgreengo123 New Member • Posts: 17
Z6 died!! Slow death

Not sure if anyone else has had the issue yet, did not see it posted yet. But I've owned the camera since 1/30/19.

Sooo, this weekend I took it out and started to test different setting with lenses and shoot random stuff around the house. After I powered off and changed lenses  I noticed the reboot was taking a bit longer than normal. Didn't pay it much attention  and continued to shoot. Powered off again for a lens change and powered back up, the reboot was definitely having problems and took maybe 5 to 7 seconds to start up. Still, not paying it much mind, I shoot more and power off to change lens. This time on restart the EVF doesn't function at all. I cycle the button on the side of EVF and no changes. EVF is dead. At this point I get concerned with what's going on and turn my attention to why camera is malfunctioning  I go through menu for something I may have messed up, and find nothing. So, I decide to cycle power and see if it starts up working again. At this point the start ups are taking longer and longer. Power cycles do nothing for EVF function  So I set the camera down to think it through(cause I was getting pi$$ed)... . I go back to camera to turn on and go back through menu options, and it hasn't powered back on sincešŸ˜¢

At this point all I know to do is contact nikon Monday for guidance. Until this problem I was enjoying this camera alot. Hopefully they can get me fixed back up quickly. Aggravating to spend lots of dollars and have it catastrophically fail only a week or 2 after the store warranty expires.

Anyway. I will document my experience to help anyone with similar issues. Or if anyone else has had this type of failure please let me know how to proceed..

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow