A busy day at the Cambridge River Side Park Wetland

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joachim Wulfers
Joachim Wulfers Veteran Member • Posts: 3,111
A busy day at the Cambridge River Side Park Wetland

After heavy rains the last few days, today was dry, overcast with temperatures around 13°C and moderate winds. All in all a good day for some photography.

I was lucky to finally see the very elusive Pileated Woodpecker, although from far away. In the past I could only hear his staccato cry. Also for the first time at this location I was able to photograph a Red Bellied Woodpacker.

Come an enjoy the walk with me

Red Winged Blackbirds, although in great numbers, are still fun to shoot

And so are the ever present Blue Jays

Are you photographing me? he seems to ask.

This Raccoon is taking advantage of all the seeds people put out

This all belongs to ME

Until recently only grey and black squirrels were around. These red fellows are showing up more and more

The Northern Male Cardinal. Always nice to see

The Red Bellied Woodpecker

And here a view of his (it's a male) barred back

A humongous crop of the Pileated Woodpecker way up in the dead tree. Worth it since I never had one of these in front om my lens. A female according to my smart app.

As I said before, a grey squirrel

And this grey now shows some red? And strangely, it also has those funny brushes (normally seen on squirrels in Europe) on the tip of his ears

The Northern Male Cardinal

And his mate Mrs Cardinal

And while leaving the wetland I came across my friend the Raccoon

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Wulfers's gear list:Joachim Wulfers's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Sony a6000 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Voigtlander 21mm F4 Color Skopar Pancake II Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow