Return RX100Va to Beach Camera

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 32,249
Re: Return RX100Va (M6 LCD polarization error)

The "slower glass" of the M6 has proved to be no real problem. Last night shooting the Gardens by the Bay light show in Singapore I experimented with P mode then P with a lower limit set then the Auto mode of the dial which then does tricks to get a result.

P mode noisy at ISO 6400 and cleaner when set to 3200 limit.

Auto mode cleanest of all and it's ISO set itself at 8000, cleaner because the mode it automatically chose probably use stacked electronic shutter shots and the stacking greatly reduces the noise.

So far no complaints with the M6. Mine is carried in a small belt pouch and my wife carries hers in a sleeve we made to fit in her handbag. Only one day did need a battery swap, that needed something like 300 shots to get down to 1 bar on the battery indicator, we swap early so as not to get caught, plus it is better for the battery to have shallower charge-discharge cycles.

I really am surprised at how useful it is in all light conditions. But of course for future trips I will still take some of my M4/3 gear to get those silly wide shots like fisheye that is extremely useful in more situations than I expected.

The polarised glasses thing is a trap as the screen is black when held normally, but ok when in portrait orientation. Luckily I rarely use my polarised clipons and have to remember to unclip them if I do wander about with them plus the M6.

Regards..... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow