Photo licenseing advice

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 4,483
Photo licenseing advice

So I never really considered licensing any of my photos for advertising use. But a couple days ago, I had an inquiry asking me if I would consider this ?

Apparently it is a law firm who is located close to the Foresthill Bridge, and they love my shot of this bridge. I would be absolutely okay with allowing them use of my shot for there business, and would agree to not let anyone else use it for those purposes, however I would really want to keep the rights to sell prints of it, should somebody want one. Is this ever done ? Or do people normally sell "all rights" to a shot, and then it is basically no longer the artists shot for any purpose ? That would seem kind of sad to me, and certainly worth a bigger chunk of $$$

Maybe I'd give them a great deal on the advertising use of it, if they will buy a 30 X 40 for their office 😀 lol Heck, if they buy 10 of them (for other offices) maybe I'd agree to never print any for anybody else either ☺

Seriously though, I would have no idea on how much to charge for this type of thing ?

Your experience is welcome, and will be greatly appreciated.

Oh, here's the shot.....

By the way, with a deck height of 730ft, this is the tallest bridge in California, and the 4th highest in the US ! It was built in preparation for a huge lake which had been proposed many years ago, but after the bridge was built, the plans for the lake fell through.

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
Website
www.LightInEveryCorner.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/161603079@N02/
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow