M6 + 100-400mmL II - no Extenders (PICS)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Sharif
Sharif Senior Member • Posts: 1,522
Re: M6 + 100-400mmL II - no Extenders (PICS)

Marco Nero wrote:

MOONSHOT:

When I took a walk around the neighborhood to keep my circulation well maintained, I saw a beautiful moon rising the day before I took the photographs above. It motivated me to put on the EF 100-400mmL II lens in the first place. I stood on the side of the road out in front of my house and took a few pictures. I wasn't particularly motivated and even used P-Mode for the first two shots. I don't usually bother to shoot the moon in this phase but I ended up with some interesting lunar crater details. The sun was literally setting as I took the picture below...

M6 + EF 100-400mmL II - 100% crop of the Moon on Thursday - (*no enlargement).

Regards,
Marco Nero.

Hi Marco,

Great review as always from you! I just discovered that I took a very similar image of the moon at almost exactly the same phase just a month earlier with my M5 on a small telescope (posted before on the looking up thread). Details resolved by the 100-400 lens are pretty impresive given that your image was taken still under daylight conditions.

br

Sharif's gear list:Sharif's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow