About the wild placement of the RX1R series on dpreview

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 9,334
About the wild placement of the RX1R series on dpreview

I have used 3 different full frame RX1s, the original one, then the RX1r and now the RX1R2. The allocated forum here on dpreview is the Cybershot forum where people with RX100s and RX10s mainly hang out.

I don't have any problem with those cameras, but have absolutely zip interest in those, would never ever use them etc. Since the RX1R2 is a 2015 camera the coverage is raterh dim over there and also possibly also finds a lot of RX100 users who would likewise never ever consider the RX1R2.

No-man's-land so it seems.

The closes thing that comes to mind is the E-mount forum, but there are rules that if posted in the wrong forum it will be re-directed, even though RX1R2 user might have more in common with A7R II/III users than with RX100 users.

A mini-problem - which possibly doesn't even deserve the tag "problem" - but makes it hard to share and potentially post images, post processing, RAW conversions and the likes if the main user base is 1".

In short: I can see myself using an A7R II or III alongside the RX1R2 with the 24/1.4 and the 85/1.4 (I really like aperture rings!!).

What's your take on this admittedly first-world problem?

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T2 Sony a7 III Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +8 more
Sony a7R Sony a7R II Sony RX100 Sony RX1R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow