Canon SX740 problem x3

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
slow learner New Member • Posts: 1
Canon SX740 problem x3

My wife and I each got an SX740 before a trip to VietNam last November. After about 2,000 pictures I dropped mine causing little damage and it continued to work another 4,000 pictures. Then early this year in Costa Rica (and another 1,000 + pictures) my 740 suddenly developed a problem: the view screen was only on the top half of the screen with white on the bottom half, the camera wouldn’t take a picture, and when turned off the lens would only retract half way (and had to be pushed in with a snap). I figured it was finally resulting from the drop in VietNam. Between that trip and the next to South America I purchased another SX740 because I liked the small size and image quality with 40x optical zoom. My new 740 lasted about 2,000 pictures in Brazil when it developed the exact same symptoms. A few days later my wife’s (after about 3,000 pictures overall – she doesn’t take as many as I do) developed the EXACT SAME problem.

After we got over the THREE FOR THREE anger she discovered while playing with hers that the problem only happened in ‘Auto’ mode. When in ‘Food’ or ‘Sport’ modes the cameras worked normally. We finished the trip using only those modes. Now, I’m looking for some answers so I don’t have to buy yet another two cameras (they won’t be 740’s next time) for our upcoming trip to Italy. ANY THOUGHTS???

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot SX740 HS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow