Will Nikon mirrorless take better advantage of DX size?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
inlawbiker Senior Member • Posts: 1,828
Re: Will Nikon mirrorless take better advantage of DX size?

Nikita66 wrote:

Assuming Nikon is developing a DX mirrorless body, I wonder how much they will prioritize small size. And even if the the body is smaller, will they really be able to develop a line of compact DX lenses? Hard to imagine them having the resources for this.

And APS-C lenses can be smaller. Compare the Nikon 18-140 (on D7200) to the Sony 18-135 (on a6400).

I appreciate a lot about Nikon, but I travel a lot and size/weight matters. Also, I'm more likely to take smaller gear out casually around town.

I think we will see a mirrorless DX body from Nikon because Sony has one. It will have the same mount and a handful of DX lenses, just like Nikon DX DSLR's. For other lenses you are welcome to adapt or buy the FX version. They know where the money is in other words.

I like Canon's strategy, why mess with crop mirrorless at all? Just sell a full-frame Rebel (RP).

Greg

inlawbiker's gear list:inlawbiker's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow