Gear advice

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP KSauzeRK Regular Member • Posts: 240
Re: Gear advice

Jozef M wrote:

If I were you, I would get the new Canon EOS 250D / Rebel SL3, you have a 24 megapixel sensor, and have native lenses, that will AF good. Or buy a used Canon, there are lots of those.

I have a Lumix G9 with a metabones adapter and the EF 85mm f1/8, works fine, gives very good IQ, but that is not cheap. A used older Panasonic cam wont work that well with adapters ... the AF I mean.

Jozef.

Thanks for your input. Canon would be the more obvious choice, maybe a mirrorless like the M line because I'm used to EVF / liveview and I like to see exposure in real time. For birds an OVF would probably be better but it's not my main priority, more like something I like being able to do when I go outside. 4/3 is an option too, it's just that I don't know the good options for used ones. I thought about a X-Pro1 for hybrid viewfinder and no AA filter. I guess AF would be hazardous.

KSauzeRK's gear list:KSauzeRK's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Canon EOS 60D Sigma sd Quattro H Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow