Poloaroid i-Type & 35mm Film... question about airport security (X-ray scanners)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 2,286
Poloaroid i-Type & 35mm Film... question about airport security (X-ray scanners)

This is going to sound dumb but it's something I really haven't though too much about....

Is 35mm film (and also the i-Type / 600 Polaroid film) sensitive to the scanners they use in airports?

I figured that the film is probably not affected by magnets but wasn't sure if the scanners would cause the film to go bad or something... haven't traveled with a 35mm film camera yet and this will be a first. I have about a half-roll in the camera already, and 2 additional rolls, still sealed in the box).

I'm somewhat tempted to just use up the rest of the filim in the camera before the trip and then pack the camera without film loaded.... there's maybe 12 exposures left or something. I also just don't want to lose what I've already shot on the roll, but at the same time, don't want to waste film if I don't have to.

(Not bringing the OneStep+ but figured I'd ask anyway as well as I might take it with me on a trip at some point.)

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow