Best acrylic face mount options

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
A Owens Veteran Member • Posts: 3,397
Re: Best acrylic face mount options

nzsky wrote:

Hi A Owens, the printer is Corin Walker Bain, he is featured in "Nikons I am New Zealand", very inspiring work. His website is agreatbackyard.co.nz . To be honest I overlooked him initially because that website name didn't stand out among the many bogus sites and sign-writing businesses advertising face mounts. He uses Shinkolite acrylic, not sure about adhesive but if I remember the conversation correctly not diasec and not sure yet about the backing but sounded like dibond. I still fancy Trulife (uv blocking, anti-glare etc) and because he is a boutique printer and the number of prints would utilize a whole sheet I'm sure he could use that at an extra cost. Seemed like a great guy to work with. I was given a bulk rate which was a bit less than Nevada Art dealers (in NZD) but the shipping, customs and GST was going to be very expensive from either the US or Germany. Back-lit textile sounds intriguing, three of the prints will be of lightning bolts hitting Tga countryside, might be a good fit. I'm exhibiting in Tauranga, you are welcome to come.

Ok, if you are in Tauranga then Textiles Alive may be worth a call. They are local to you. Like us, they mainly deal at a trade level but because you are local and probably not a potential customer of their customers then they may be happy to talk. Either that or they can refer you to one of their customers.

https://www.textilesalive.co.nz/articles/see-the-light

You can see the backlit textile prints in the image in that link. They are more of a commercial  product for shops etc. but I feel that they are great for any image that suits that particular media. I am not sure how small TA will go, They have a big EFI printer (3m or 5m wide, cant recall but they may have a couple of smaller ones too).  They will no doubt have good colour management but will probably only be printing with 4 or 6 colours. However that is not really a problem with dye sub as the colour gamut is much wider than pigment prints.

We have recently added a little 1,6m 8 colour dye sub printer that would be great for a metal and a textiles retail offering but it is a case of finding the time and suitable distributors to take it to market.

Good luck with the exhibition. Post a link here when it is on!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow