Theater Performance Lighting

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Myer Senior Member • Posts: 2,888
Re: Question about bent knees

BAK wrote:

This reply is about the photo with two men with bent knees, and a woman between then with less-bent knees.

This picture was not taken with bounce flash. Or if there was a bounce flash there, it had no effect.Do we all realize that?

There was an earlier picture with a man on his knees, wearing a nice hat, and two women with housedresses on.

That picture was not illuminated with bounce flash either.

Look at the shadows on the stage.

PLUS, earlier there was reference to some term like "30% - 40% bounce flash."

Can anyone explain what that means, please.

PLUS changing a shutter speed from 1/250 to 1/320 does not accomplish anything that matters, as far as action freezing goes.

BAK

The lighting is a mixture of their lighting and my bounce. Depending upon where I was the balance of the two changes requiring the temperature and lighting to be adjusted for consistency.

The two photos you are referring to definitely had bounce added to the lighting in addition to their lighting.

What I meant by 30%-40% was that I would add some bounce though not enough to overpower the ambient light.

The following photo is from the same series but was shot before the flash had recharged enough to fire. So it does not have any bounce light. Given that every photo is processed either thru PS or LR it's been lightened a bit so some detail can be seen. But there's no doubt it's substantially darker than the two photos you think did not have bounce assistance.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
BAK
(unknown member)
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow