Topaz DeNoise AI results

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jim B (MSP) Veteran Member • Posts: 9,541
Topaz DeNoise AI results

Time for a new thread on results.

I took a photo recently at Old Tucson of an "actor" inside a bar, artificial lights.

Canon 80D, my walk around Tamron lens, raw, f/6.3, IO 16000. Should have pretty decent DOF with this.

I would like to do noise reduction first, so I dragged the raw into an open DN-AI window along with the meta data side car. Goal - a shot looking like it was shot at ISO 100. No added rating or color tab came over, so side car was ignored.

I processed at 70 NR, 50 sharpen, 25 detail.

I imported the dng into LR. I set the white balance after the fact on the bottle just under the N. They should be the same; or at least very close. Then I kept the capture sharpening that LR applies.

I use LR Classic, and here are some screen shots comparing the results:

Compare dng and raw "as is"

As is : note the dng is darker. NR looks good.

Note the meta data on the type of lens was lost. The rest seemed to be fine.

Run Auto tone on both

I ran auto tone with LR on both. Both had neg contrast which I will fix later. LR increased exposure on the dng, decreased it on the raw.

Compare eye and hair

Compare eye , hair, and skin. Looking good.

Compare text on bottle

Text on bottle looks good.

Structure on back wall

Structure on back wall looks good.

Overall - I am happy with the dng I got from DN-AI, which I can process further to taste. I will adjust clarity, contrast, and sharpen with Detail.

-- hide signature --

Jim
"It's all about the light"

Jim B (MSP)'s gear list:Jim B (MSP)'s gear list
Canon EOS 80D
Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow