Beginner with a large budget [update]

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HenryThill New Member • Posts: 21
Beginner with a large budget [update]

Original thread: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61880921

Hi,

I posted the above thread about five months ago and it took off in a direction I did not expect. It also resulted in me not responding after the first few comments, because it was simply too much information and at a point also a discussion between users.

I have taken all the suggestions into consideration and I want to thank everybody who took the time to respond to it. It took a while for me to come to the point of buying a camera, but that has to do with some private things.

After a lot of consideration and reading my choice has fallen on the Sony Alpha 7 series. I would want to have the Sony A7 mark III, but I decided to put a limit on how much I will spend (€2500,- max). That leaves me in a dilemma; I either get the mark II with a more expensive lens, or the mark III with a less expensive one.

The options:

- SONY A7 MARK III + SEL 28-70MM F/3.5-5.6 OSS (around €2400,-)

or

-SONY A7 MARK II + 24-70MM F/4.0 ZA OSS ZEISS (around €1900,-)

I spoke with the gentleman at the photography store, and he told me to get the mark II with the Zeiss lens, but didn't really explain why. He said the lens quality is better and therefore the image quality would be better.

I thought about spending a little bit more to get the Zeis with the mark III, but where does that 'little bit' more spending end? I saw a 24-70MM F/2.8 GM in the store and that would make it almost €1000,- more expensive.

On the one hand I want to get a very good set, on the other hand it seems like overkill for somebody like me.

Could anybody give his or her opinion which of the two choices are better?

Thank you in advance!

Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Footski
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow