Anyone regretting purchasing g9?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sbu Regular Member • Posts: 203
Anyone regretting purchasing g9?

hello, I’m currently shooting the om-d em10 ii with highly satisfying results. I’m mainly shooting the oly 25 mm 1.8 and the panasonic 35-100 f2.8. The latter for studio portraits. I‘m however frequently finding the em10 slow and cumbersome handling when working with people. Most of it is probably poor technique, I would however like a dedicated af joystick, better overall handling for my large hands (and the 35-100 is fairly big for the small em10) and also better battery. My battery on the em10 has become so poor that I have permanently shut off the LCD to be sure there’s battery for 200-300 shots.

I can currently get the Panasonic g9 for less than 1000€ which really is bargain compared to the competition. I’m however in doubt if the camera is overkill taking into consideration that I currently don’t shoot anything above 150 mm and the advantages in iq are minimal compared to what I got. I would love one of the high end long telelenses to try out wild life, but that will economically not be realistic for the next couple of years.

Thanks for any input given 😄

sbu's gear list:sbu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
sbu
sbu
sbu
sbu
sbu
sbu
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow