Dead D700

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
adrianlock New Member • Posts: 6
Dead D700

Guys, i was out on a photo walk with friends, when half way through my walk my d700 just died no reason i took a shot then it then all of a sudden went off. I tried all 3 spare batteries no luck then left if for 3/4 hours tried batteries again and changing the memory card and lens nothing at all.

Tried batteries in the d90 as they are the same and it came on fine.

It's only done 80,129 shots. I brought it second hand back in 2014 so I've not had it that long to be honest.

Is there anything anyone has come across with these before anything i can do. Or is it going to be a replacement as im guessing the repair cost out way a replacement.

I'm suppose to be on photo holiday in Devon 2 weeks with some of the same people and id rather not take my old D90.   I was wondering if a D750 upgrade might be a replacement or is the change not significant enough for it to be  worth while. Just better to replace with another D700. I shoot mostly landscape photos.

any help please would be much appreciated

Nikon D700 Nikon D750 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow